Exercising Safely With Diabetes
The most common concern people have about exercise and diabetes is how to keep their blood sugar levels from getting too high or too low. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Exercise at the same time every day, if possible. This will help you find out how exercise affects your blood sugar.
- Check your blood sugar before exercising. If your blood sugar is less than 100 before you start to exercise, eat a carbohydrate snack. If your blood sugar is 250 or higher, don't start exercising until your blood sugar level is under 250.
- Exercise with a friend who knows that you have diabetes and knows how to help if your blood sugar gets too low.
- Make sure you have ID with you that lets people know you have diabetes.
- If you're sick or have an infection, don't exercise until you're feeling better. Being sick affects your blood sugar.
Source ៖ www.ghc.org
|Share This||997 Views|
Benefit of Curry Leaf For Diabetes
Curry leaf is also a wonderful agent that can help people living with diabetes stop their nightmare of dealing with the hateful and stubborn symptoms of this dangerous condition. Aromatic curry leaf might also act as an effective agent which works well in controlling the high blood sugar issue. Many minerals contained in curry leaf can aid in maintaining normal blood sugar levels. Moreover, it can influence the carbohydrate ...
Children under 6 should take cold medicine or shouldn't?
It's miserable to watch your child suffer through the six to 10 colds she's likely to catch this year. And to make matters worse, experts now say that kids under 6 shouldn't use over-the-counter cold and cough medicine because of potentially dangerous side effects. So what's a concerned parent to do? We asked experts to tell us how to help fend off germs in the first plac ...
Yogurt is a best food for baby
Creamy yogurt is rich in calcium and vitamin D, necessary for healthy bones and teeth. Your baby can have it at 6 months, long before he'll be ready for cow's milk.
Opt for plain yogurt with no added sugar. Also look for a brand with the most live cultures, which help regulate the good bacteria in your baby's digestive tract. Make sure you pick up whole-milk yogurt &n ...